Students and parents are expected to attend weekly private lessons. In addition, students and parents should practice together every day as well as listen to their Suzuki recording. Parents are not required to learn to play the violin or viola but it is encouraged.
Cost per month September 2022 to May 2023.
- 1 hour lesson: $264.00
- 45 minute lesson $198.00
- 30 minute lesson $132.00
- 15 minute lesson $66.oo
Yearly Registration fee $20.00
There is a one-time yearly registration fee of $20 that must be included with your first payment. The registration fee will be waived for registrations and first payment/post dated cheques received before August 1.
Post dated cheques must be provided by August 31 for all subsequent terms.
Cheques will be cashed on the first day of each month. E-transfers will only be accepted for payments of 3 months at a time or more.
Lessons and group class may change from in person to virtual at any point throughout the year at the discretion of the teacher.
- Fees are monthly
- The lesson fee includes one weekly group class. You cannot opt out of group class as it is an integral part of the Suzuki Method.
- If you choose a Monday lesson time, you will receive 5 fewer lessons per year due to stat holidays. These lessons will not be made up on a different day
- Students will be given one unpaid lesson per year. If a student misses a lesson, this free lesson will be in place of a make-up lesson (and if the student doesn’t miss any lessons, they will receive one extra, unpaid lesson per year!) Additional missed lessons will not be made up or refunded
- If the teacher needs to miss a lesson for any reason (other than inclement weather) that lesson will be made up or refunded
- Once a date and time for a make-up lesson is set, it cannot be rescheduled. If the student is unable to find an appropriate time for a make-up lesson during the school year or the following summer, the make-up will not be carried over to the following school year
- Lessons and group classes may change from in person to virtual at any point throughout the year at the discretion of the teacher
- Attempts will be made to hold lessons virtually during inclement weather, but this cannot be guaranteed. In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather, there will be no make-up lessons or group classes. Your teacher has no control over weather conditions and needs to still pay rent whether or not lessons take place. In cases of snow days, make sure to check whether or not lessons have been cancelled as conditions often improve throughout the day. If you feel it is unsafe to attend your lesson, please advise your teacher and stay at home.
Health and Safety Policies for In Person Lessons and Group Classes
- The option for in-person lessons and group classes may change at the discretion of the teacher depending on public health recommendations
- Lessons are a mask friendly environment although masks are not required
- If the student or parent is sick or has any symptoms of a contagious disease (fever, cough, runny nose/congestion, etc.) or has symptoms due to allergies, you must take your lesson virtually. Never give your child medication to bring down a fever and then bring them to their lesson!
- Students will be asked to leave if they display any symptoms of a contagious disease and that lesson will not be made up. Never give your child medication to bring down a fever and then bring them to their lesson or group class
- Please make sure students use the washroom before coming to their lesson or group class.